Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Korean Chicken Noodle Soup

Last week, after a Saturday night out at Club Holic, I came down with my first cold of the season.  I was actually just thinking to myself that I'm lucky I haven't gotten sick yet.  I thought that maybe I would avoid getting sick in Korea this fall because maybe my body has gotten used to the viruses here.  I got over it pretty fast by taking dayquil/nyquil, going to bed at 9:30pm for 2 nights in a row, and picking up some porridge from Bonjuk 본죽.

Korean people like to eat this rice porridge called juk when they get sick.  It definitely doesn't sound as appetizing as chicken noodle soup, but it actually really does hit the spot on a sick day.  It all comes nicely packed in a bag with handles and a nice re-usable tupperware which I have collected a few of already.  It also comes with a side of marinated beef which I really like and haven't had anywhere else except with juk.


야채죽 vegetable juk

No comments:

Post a Comment