Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

My experience with 족발

I've eaten 족발 (Jokbal) a couple times before without knowing what it was.  If I had known first , I probably never would have eaten it.

I was once asked, "Can you eat pig's feet?"  Of course, I was like..."What!  No!"

File:Korean food-Jokbal-01.jpg
found this on wikipedia..ew 
The first time I ate it was at some random "celebration" for re-arranging the auditorium at school.  I'm pretty sure they told me it was just pork so I had some of it.  The second time was with a Korean family who told me it was pork that many Korean women like to eat because it is not very fatty.

I had it for the third time this weekend, only this time, I finally realized what I was eating...pig's feet.  Luckily it comes sliced up so it doesn't actually look like it comes straight from the pig (until you get to the bottom of the platter where the hooves are?).  It's actually pretty delicious.  I also had some leftover the next day, and it tasted strangely of turkey as cold leftovers.

this is the 30,000won portion which I'm pretty sure is meant to serve 4 people...comes with  spicy buckwheat noodles service

wrap it up with some shrimp sauce, ssamjang, and a pepper in a lettuce leaf...enjoy in preferably 1 bite (1 shot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment