Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Late to work

Today, I was late to work because I (stupidly) took the wrong bus.  I swear I thought I read the number on the bus correctly, but I must have just been hallucinating.  Anyway, the bus I got on does go the same route as my normal one for about 10 minutes or more so I wasn't really paying any attention.  There was one point where we were going under some bridge that felt really unfamiliar, but then I looked out the window and it looked like the road was blocked off or something.  So..I thought for some reason the bus was taking an alternate route around construction.

It wasn't until people were still pressing the stop button that I semi-realized something was weird.  How could they know where the stops were on this "alternate route?"  I finally glanced up and realized (to my horror) that I was NOT on #103, I was on #152, which I have never taken and have no idea where it goes.

In order to save myself from embarrassment, I decided to just stay on the bus until I reached the next closest subway station, where I could just take the subway to school instead.  Well, what do ya know?  There were no more subway stations along the entire route.  Oh yes, I rode the bus all the way to the end of the line as we just kept making turns higher and higher into the mountain area of Seoul.  When we pulled into the parking lot, I realized I was going to have to get off and go back the other way (as the only other buses I saw around were local buses).

It did cross my mind to just take a taxi, but at that point, I literally had no idea where I was or how expensive it would be to get back to my school.  So, I called my coteacher to tell her I'd be a little late because I accidentally got on the wrong bus this morning.  Luckily, I didn't have any classes today so she just said to "take it easy."  Soo, yep.  That's how was I was 50 minutes late to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment