Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

ESL (or sometimes 3rd or 4th)

Living in a foreign country is challenging.  Conversing with people who do not speak English as their first language is very challenging.  Actually, I would venture to say most people would call English their third language (Chinese being their second?)  


Texting with said people is a necessary convenience so that both parties may word what they want to say very carefully.  I find myself speaking in the most simple and grammatically incorrect sentences so that others may understand the meaning of what I am trying to convey.  On the flip side, I receive some pretty hilarious messages as well.  Since my phone has saved every text I've received since I got it, I've decided to share some of my favorites so far for your enjoyment.

one of the first konglish texts I ever received (and definitely one of my favorites):


"i was too cold in sleeping therefore, i take severely to a cold"


"wow! your hobby are abundant! my hobby is listening to music, playing in the club^^"


"you are so kindness!^^"


"have a delicious food n good time"


"its time to dinner!see you!^^"


"im bush day a week and you"
(i think this is supposed to say i'm busy today, and you? for some reason, koreans are trained to respond to questions with this...and you. it's weird.)


"I''m not good at English you want to meet a lot of study will do it."


"Beatiful n shiny weather let me out~!!! go to mountain now^-^"


"Its wind and raining, especially yellow sandy in the night.."


"yeah why didnt you have fun more long time?? did melissa make a boy friend?"


"Played on the weekend fun? The weather is too coldㅠㅠ"


"Its true that pains follow funs and funs do painsㅠ.ㅠ"
(in regards to being hungover)


"may be..did you lost moneybag and other importants?"
(when my coat was stolen..other importants haha)


to be continued...

2 comments: