Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..

..and is the case here in Seoul, FEEL a lot like Christmas too.  The weather has been down right frigid the past few days.  There are decorations and lights all over the city.  I was surprised to find out that Christmas is not a family holiday in Korea.  It's a time for friends to get together and party all night long and a time for lovers to have yet another "couple holiday" (as if we need any more of those).  It will be interesting to see what Christmas time in Korea brings this year.


Since I haven't posted pictures in a while, here's a photo blog of some things I've done during the past month..


Last month I went to the Seoul Lantern Festival at City Hall
Seoul Lantern Festival
Seoul Lantern Festival
Deoksugung Palace
Feels like fall...
Then Jessi and Brad threw a perfect Thanksgiving dinner party with actual turkey and mashed potatoes!
Their apartment is so amazing, we were all able to sit together for Thanksgiving..
view of Seoul lights from the top of a mountain at night.


As requested, here is a photo blog of my walk to the gym/Sungshin area.


this entrance that looks like a carwash is what the entrance to love motel parking lots/garages look like. 
view of the other side of the street and the sweet purple love motel
there are two 7-11's on the way
fish restaurant
there's my gym!
stores across the street from the gym and subway entrance to the left..
Lastly, I'll leave you with a couple Christmas pictures..
Christmas tree at the German Christmas market
Christmas lights in Hongdae..there are lights on trees like this all over the city.
AND as I'm sure you've all heard, N.Korea and crazy Kim Jong Il attacked a small island off S.Korea last month.  This message is to tell you, don't worry!  I'm sure you saw way more action on the US news than anyone saw in Seoul.  It was big news the day it happened, but then people went around business as usual.  There's nothing we can do here, but we're safe and sound in our city for now.  N.Korea apologized so there is no war starting or anything.  Believe me, I will evacuate if the US Embassy tells me to.


SO, that's all I have for now.  Two more weeks of school, then it's vacation time!  I'm headed to Hong Kong and Macau for the week in between Christmas and New Years.  It's officially booked!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment