Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Update on my (digital) perm!

I have discovered something amazing called...MOUSSE!  I guess since my hair has always been straight, I have never had a need to use something like mousse before.  When I got my first perm, I started using things like "anti-frizz" serums, curl "essence," leave-in conditioner, argan oil, etc.  Nothing was reallyyy taming down the massive frizz (that admittedly only I could notice).  

I stopped by Olive Young one night on the way home from the gym (as I often do).  As many times as I have perused the wall of hair supplies at this store, it just never crossed my mind to get mousse..so I did.  I went with some brand called Keratin in a yellow bottle and POOF!..my hair is no longer a frizzy mess and my curls stay put all day.  I usually scrunch in the mousse after applying some form of leave-in conditioner or anti-frizz serum/cream when it's still pretty wet, then air dry.

I know it looks better different using mousse because I get new comments from my students almost once a day when my hair if freshly washed and moussed.  They go something like this:  "teacha..your hair.." / "teacher, poma??" / "curly??" / "teacha, i think you changed your hairstyle" / "teacha, hairstyle..bling bling"  
I'm not sure why, but they didn't really start noticing that my hair is curly until I started using the mousse.

Here's a picture of me yesterday at work (Korean style of course)..about 2.5-3 months after getting my last digital perm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment