Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dover is considered vintage in Korea??

I was shopping in Edae (이대) a few weeks ago and discovered this gem!  It was basically a whole rack of t-shirts and the like that look like they must have come from the Salvation Army ( but were being sold as "vintage").  Since when is Dover, DELAWARE and Nascar vintage?!  


In addition to stuff like this, Edae (이대) has TONS of cute clothes/shoes/accessories for quite the steal.  Apparently everything (as in clothes and shoes sold all over Seoul) is bought in Dongdaemun, however, Edae sells it all for the cheapest price.  This was actually my first (successful?) time shopping in Korean stores.  The way shopping is set up here, quite frankly, I get way too overwhelmed to find much of anything.  I scooped up a bunch of stuff that day all for under $100: (gray winter shorts/cute top with ruffled sleeves/a dress/a cute striped hoodie/some 2PM socks/a bag).  I definitely plan to insert shopping in this area into my regular routine (once a month..quarterly?).  While I do still love Forever 21/H&M/Zara, it's nice to have gotten a few things that are really Korean looking that every other foreigner girl won't necessarily have too.

No comments:

Post a Comment