Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Kimchi

So I had my first Korean meal since childhood at Woo Lae Oak the other day, and it was way better than I recall.  I remember having all the Koreans stare at me when I was 8 years old, just waiting to see me put the kimchi in my mouth and then point and laugh because I would probably make some horrifying face.  It was dreadful.  But alas!  I like the kimchi!


Here I am in all my glory eating the kimchi [new glasses and all!]
This is what I got for my meal, Bibimbap!  It's just rice/veggies with a fried egg on top.   The egg made me kind of nervous, but it was actually delicious!
Now that I know I might not starve in Korea, I just need to brush up on my chopstick skills..

5 comments:

  1. i cant believe you didn't mention your fun kimchi incident from belly busters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha meg..this is true. everyone in america assumes i make my own kimchi. do we think this will happen more or less in korea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LESS. esp after they hear your non-broken non-Korean

    ReplyDelete
  4. sonya, i am soo excited for you that you are on this amazing adventure! have a great time, i look forward to reading your blog AND hopefully visiting you :)

    ReplyDelete