Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

School's (almost) out for summer!

Thursday is the last day of school.  Thank God!  I still have to teach 2 weeks of summer camp with one week in between for some ridiculous reason.  I actually really like camp because I only have to teach from 9-12 every day and then I can go home.  Even though, somebody has decided to make me teach in the daycare center with the 1st and 2nd graders again, camp should be pretty easy.  Normally, I am given a lot of freedom of what to do during camp, but since the daycare kids are so young, there's only so much to choose from (ABCs/Phonics/Numbers/Colors?).  I also have to teach 4th-6th, but they are apparently only doing writing this summer.  It will be pretty terrible for them, but writing games require very little prep time so not too bad for me.

After camp, I get 1 week of (unpaid) vacation!  Since I already used my remaining vacation days this year to go to the USA in May, I decided to take unpaid days off instead of coming to sit at school alone all week.  Instead, I'm going to Japan!  I'll be visiting Osaka and Kyoto for the week.

YAY no regular school for a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment