Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

getting my hair did in korea x3

I have short hair again!  it's getting so hot and i was itching for a change.  since my last perm a year ago, I got a couple haircuts and was left with semi straight hair again.

about a month ago, I went to lucy hair for the second time to cut the last remaining bits of perm and decided to get a magic straight (because i've gotten so used to air drying).  the straight perm kind of just looked like my hair did before I started going curly.  I guess it does dry a little smoother though.  200,000won poorer and I was left with a hair style that I felt very meh about. 

I knew I couldn't get another digital perm any time soon since I had my hair chemically straightened so I started thinking about going short.  I haven't had short hair in 4 years or straight hair in 3 so it was about time!

I didn't want to go back to lucy because of my indifference to my previous visits and the high price by korea standards (35,000won..3x what I used to pay in my old neighborhood).  there's a small hair shop right around the corner from my new house (in yeonhuidong) that I had been eyeing for a while and finally just decided to go there.  I took some screenshots of me with short hair and of gwyneth paltrow's lob and walked out with a great cut.  she cut my hair almost entirely with a razor which I really like.  I didn't ask how much it would be, but it was right around my old price of 13,000won including a nice blowout.  now that is value for money.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Going to Seoul for my Birthday and was totally thinking about getting my hurr did!! Any recommended salons for digi perms and cuts? English speaking is a must since my korean vocab is waaaaaay limited =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! i recommend the small neighborhood shops because they're cheaper and as long as you have some pictures, it usually turns out great. although, i do have asian hair so that could be why i have pretty good luck with them. there's tons of hair shops around edae that i'm sure are used to having foreign customers. otherwise, the chains juno hair or lee chul are probably a good bet!

    ReplyDelete