Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Good Karma

On Friday, I had a Bukbu School District workshop where all the Native English Teachers and their co-teachers had to attend to watch an open class (which is just a class that is "open" for others to watch).  That is not the important part of this story.  The more important thing is that somewhere between my school and the open class school, I seemed to have misplaced my cell phone.  


I realized this and frantically told my co-teacher that I thought I may have left my phone back at school.  She called Jinhee to see if she could check in the drawer, but it wasn't there.  She called my phone to see if we could hear it anywhere or if it was somewhere at school.  Miraculously, she received a phone call from a BUS DRIVER who had my phone.  The bus driver left my phone at a Morning Glory stationary shop right next to my bus stop so I could pick it up later that evening.  WTF.  I love Korea!


The whole point of this is that at home, in America, I NEVER would have seen my phone ever again.  I would have had to cancel my phone, get a new one, etc.  I have no idea who found my phone and handed it over to the bus driver of a DIFFERENT bus than the one I was on, but THANK YOU kind sir!  Karma will repay you.


After the meeting on Friday, I headed to explore a new area with Jessi and Brad.  We ventured all the way up north to the Nowon stop.  I didn't think Nowon would really have much to offer, but it was actually a pretty busy area with a lot of shops, restaurants, and bars.  I definitely want to get back there again.  I guess it was a weekend for new areas because we also tried out the Konkuk University (Kondae) area last night, and I went back there for dinner tonight.  Konkuk is a really lively place with tons of bars and restaurants and lots of neon lights (much like any other street in Korea).  The university areas seem to be the best places to go.  I'm lucky because I live a 5 min walk to Korea University and about a 10 min walk to Sungshin Women's University.


I feel like I'm learning new things and discovering new pockets in Seoul all the time.  I'm so grateful to be living in such an incredible city and having this experience.  Sometimes it's weird to think this is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment