Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I joined a gym...

I finally built up enough courage to go ask about joining the gym I've had my eye going to and from school.  It's called Body Star Fitness Club near Sungshin Women's University so it's close enough to walk or take the bus.  The guy at the desk was nice and actually spoke enough English to sign me up for a 10 month membership for 530,000 won, which is just a little less than what I payed at home.  They have body pump and some other classes, and the equipment looks clean.  They also have matching t-shirts for everyone to wear if you so choose.  I have "orientation" tomorrow, but I'm not exactly sure what that means.


Here is the text I got from them:


"Here's body star fitness club.  Tell me about the time to check out the machine of body fat which is ur available time."


Machine of body fat you ask?  I wish I knew the answer.  We will see soon enough.


**UPDATE:  just renewed my membership for a second year at this gym.  Overall, I'm really happy with it.  They have clean facilities, clean uniforms (if you want to wear them), and a range of equipment and classes.  I mainly use the treadmills which DO have programs (like intervals/hills/etc) and they DO incline..which I've heard other gyms in Korea do not.  Also, there are not many foreigners there!  I can pretty much go and mind my own business without anybody knowing that I am actually a foreigner myself.  So..if you've somehow found my blog by searching for this gym, please avoid talking to me if you see me there!^^

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I just moved into Sungshin Univesity station area and I was curious about where I could find the health club you mentioned.

    I know of one gym but am looking to see what other options there area, are there many gyms in the area?

    -n

    Oh email is clear.tranquil at hotmail : )

    ReplyDelete