Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

One Month Anniversary

I've officially been in Korea for one month now from August 17-September 17.  It's been such a crazy month starting with the flight into unknown territory, EPIK orientation, making new friends, settling into life in Seoul, teaching for the first time, eating A LOT of food, and having a little fun in between it all.  Here's to the rest of the year being just as great as the first month.


A couple weeks ago, I had my grade 6 classes write some sentences in the past tense and draw pictures to go along with them.  What resulted were some hilarious sentences.


This one was my favorite for obvious reasons.  "My leg fell in the poo-poo basket yesterday."
FYI:  For some reason, Koreans don't always flush their toilet paper.  So, at school, there is such a thing as a poo-poo basket because, well there is poo in the basket.  I'm not sure if it is actually common to accidentally step in the basket or not, but either way, just imagine...squat toilets, toilet paper not in stall, poo-poo basket.  Not pretty to say the least.  UPDATE:  video on youtube about this exact thing.

On another note, I went to Lotte World yesterday!  Lotte World is a big indoor/outdoor amusement park inside the city of Seoul.  It's just about 35min. from my house, accessible by subway so I definitely plan on going back multiple times this year.  It's so weird that this huge amusement park is just sitting in the middle of a huge city.  We went on a ride called the Gyro Drop where you could see the whole park, a phenomenal view of the Seoul, and the surrounding mountains as well.  They have a huge indoor portion of the park with a roller coaster and ice rink as well as an outdoor part called Magic Island.  We had a great time there, and it was probably my favorite Saturday in Seoul so far.


In front of the castle on Magic Island @ Lotte World
I'm headed off to Busan this week from Wednesday-Saturday with Melissa to celebrate Chuseok.  We have off school Tues-Fri because Chuseok is like Korean Thanksgiving, and everyone goes to see their families during this time.  So we're taking advantage of our time off to explore another part of Korea and relax at the beach (crossing our fingers for good weather).  Until then, my friends!

1 comment:

  1. this made my night, that is hilarious. the "poo poo basket." seriously awesome!

    so glad you're having such a great time & enjoy the beach!!

    ReplyDelete