Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

I can't stop thinking about food

I had the best Greek meal tonight at a place called Santorini in Itaewon followed by Cold Stone of course.  I swear I eat so much ice cream here, and I'm not really sure why.  I just crave it all the time.  Hence, why I need to find a gym STAT.  I eat the school lunch every day and then I find myself famished by dinner, just day dreaming about what I'm going to eat next.


We went out in Hongdae again on Friday night to celebrate Brad's birthday.  We made it all the way to 5:30am! I'm pretty proud of us.  We were so close to staying until the subway re-opened but just didn't quite make it.


Saturday we went to the FC Seoul soccer game vs. Daegu at the World Cup Stadium.  It was "foreigners day" so there were countless white people and other foreigners which was strange to see.  Seoul won 4-0 so it was a good game.  Today, Sunday, I made the trek back out to Incheon Airport to return my rental cell phone since I will hopefully be able to pick up my actual cell phone by Weds. this week.  It took 2 hours to get there by subway which is just awesome since it pretty much took me all day to get there and back.  That's it for my weekend.  Now, the wait for next weekend begins..then Chuseok break!


girls out in Hongdae at our new fav Oversound
So, I said I would have some interesting stuff this time.  The topic:  man purses.  It is appalling how many men carry the "murse" around.  Not only will they carry their girlfriend's purse but so many men have their own purse as well!  I tried to capture some of them at the Hongik University subway one day, but these pictures don't do it justice.
Exhibit A- fanny pack as a purse?
Exhibit B
Exhibit C- the business man murse
Update: There are 2 western style toilets in each bathroom at school.  The toilet paper is still on the outside of the stall.

3 comments:

  1. I love the murse!!! I need to stir up some excitement so I can create a blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, murses...something i dont think will become a trend back in the states. haha

    ReplyDelete