Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Korean Cooking

I took my first stab at cooking a Korean dish last week.  After a trip to Homeplus to pick up all the essentials needed to make Doenjang Jjigae (soybean soup served at pretty much every typical Korean joint), I searched the store for at least 20 minutes in search of rice.

Yes, you heard right..rice..in a Korean grocery store.  I couldn't find it.  I'll admit it, I've lived here for over 5 months, and I have never bought rice even though it is a staple in the Korean home.  I always felt that I eat rice every day for school lunch so why make it at home??  Well, when I finally found the rice aisle (oddly placed next to the fruits, hence not being able to find it), I discovered the smallest bag of rice I could purchase was a 3kg monster.  I guess I'll be eating more rice at home now.

Ingredients and my large bag of rice
Finished product!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your dish looks yummy! I hope that you will cook Korean food for me when you come home! I am baking a heart-shaped brownie for Uncle Philip tonight! Happy Valentine's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete